What we love of physical books
- The feeling of holding.
- The smell of new book.
- The cover, the beautiful design.
- Can resell, when we need to say goodbye.
What we hate of physical books
- It's heavy, especially when you travel a lot.
- It's pricy, mostly comic books.
- It's too many, as we love to hoard.
- It's fragile, not timeless.
The problems with e-books
- High price, yes, some e-books cost same as paper pack.
- Can't resell. If you buy a reading license, you can't resell.
- It's not yours.
- Piracy. Due to all above reason.
- This lead to, authors make less money.
How Kota solve these problems?
Kota as a medium blockchain platform, where
- Authors can publish freely, retain 100% ownership, and passive income from secondary sales.
- Reader can read for free, buy and resell e-books on our secondary market.
- Each of a copy is an NFT, which has a unique ID that cannot be changed or replace. Only a limited amount of copies per version is published.
- Daniel Defoe wants to sell 10,000 copies of "Robinson Crusoe" for $10 each.
- Only 10,000 copies will be distribute for first edition, no more.
- If you want to buy the 10,001, you can't. Please visit our secondary market.
- or Daniel Defoe will re-distribute the second edition. Like physical books.
The price may rise high one day, but at Kota, we hope to bring affordable books to as many as we can.
At KOTA, our goal is to empower creators by ensure they are fairly compensated for the work they produce 🌈 We also aim to make content more accessible to readers by allowing them to access content in more than one way ✨
We pledge to donate at least a book per distribution in our communal library.